Francesca Maria Scanu was born in Cagliari in 1986. She graduated in modern literature with honors. In 2008 she attended the Griffith Academy of film and television graduating in
Screenwriting. In 2011 she was selected by the prestigious RAI Script. Since 2009 she works as Screenwriter and First Assistant Director. She won a Special Jury Mention at the Rome International Film Festival (session: project factory) with the script “Deep North”, written with Marco Luca Cattaneo(RAIN DOGS FILM); she is finalist at Solinas Experimenta Prize with “Non vedo” written with Andrea Zuliani; she won Mattador International script prize with the script “Entela” in 2013 (RAIN DOGS FILM).
Since 2011 she has developed several feature and short projects as a screenwriter and development manager.
Since 2013 she’s also a creative producer with COCOON production and RAIN DOGS FILM.
As creative producer she worked in:
- “Miriam” (2013 – short movie) – directed by Andrea Zuliani, winner of best screenplay at Corti sonanti Festival ! producer for COCOON PRODUCTION
- “For Anna” (2016 – short movie) ! directed by Andrea Zuliani, finalist at David di Donatello prizes and winner of several international prizes – producer for COCOON PRODUCTION AND RAIN DOGS FILM
- “Kentannos” (2016 – creative documentary) – directed by Victor Cruz, selected in Vision du Reel in 2019 – delegate producer for KINO PRODUZIONI
- “Ambaradan” (2017 – short) – directed by Amin Nour and Paolo Negro, selected in Migrarti Venice Film Festival – production coordinator for RAIN DOGS FILM and TAURON
- “Go Home – a casa loro” – (2019 – feature film) ! directed by Luna Gualano, selected at Trieste Sci!Fi festival, at Noir Film Festival, at BIFFF and winner of Roma Lazio Film Commission Prize at Roma Cinema Fest in 2018.
- “Solo una notte” (2018 – short) – directed by Claudia Zella – producer for COCOON PRODUCTION
- “Civil War” (2019 – short) – directed by Elisa Iezzi – producer for COCOON PRODUCTION and RAIN DOGS FILM
Now she’s the development manager and co producer of “Girls don’t cry”, the first feature film by Andrea Zuliani, produced by RAIN DOGS FILM, AMEGO FILM and COCOON PRODUCTION.