The 70. Venice International Film Festival starts today, Wednesday 28th August 2013. 70 editions: a symbolic number that fits perfectly with the end of the first edition of Biennale College – Cinema, the film lab of the festival launched one year ago. Biennale College – Cinema is organized by the Biennale di Venezia in partnership with Gucci.
After 9 months of workshops and development, we are ready to show you the feature films of 2012/13 Biennale College – Cinema. They are the first three feature films ever of the higher education workshop for the development and production of micro-budget full-length feature films for emerging directors and producers from all over the world. The three feature films are:
- Mary is Happy, Mary is Happy (Thailand), Nawapol Thamrongrattanarit (director) and Aditya Assarat (producer)
- Memphis (USA), Tim Sutton (director) and John Baker (producer)
- Yuri Esposito (Italy), Alessio Fava (director) and Max Chicco (producer)
During the 2013 Venice International Film Festival we’ll also unveil the 12 new projects selected for the first workshop of 2013/14 Biennale College – Cinema. After the workshop, to be held in October, up to 3 projects will be selected for the finale phase of the second edition of Biennale College – Cinema. Their premiere will be at the 2014 Venice International Film Festival.
Here’s the Biennale College – Cinema schedule screening:
Mary is Happy, Mary is Happy
- Sunday September 1st, 2.00pm, Sala Perla
- Tuesday September 3rd, 9.00am, Sala Pasinetti (Industry only)
- Thursday September 5th, 7.45pm, Sala Perla 2
- Saturday September 7th, 4.00pm, Sala Casinò
- Saturday 31st August, 2.30pm, Sala Perla
- Monday 2nd September, 9.00am, Sala Pasinetti (Industry only)
- Wednesday 4th September, 8.00pm, Sala Perla 2
- Saturday 7th September, 2.00pm Sala Casinò
- Friday 30th August, 2.30pm, Sala Perla
- Sunday 1st September, 9.00am, Sala Pasinetti (Industry only)
- Tuesday 3rd September, 8.00pm, Sala Perla 2
- Saturday 7th September, 6.30pm, Sala Casinò
We remind you that the 3 feature films of Biennale College – Cinema will be part of the programme of the Web Theatre at the 70th Venice International Film Festival. The films will be available for viewing around the world in streaming concurrently with the official screenings on the Lido. Further info here.