The International call is open for 10 international projects to be selected for the fifth edition of Biennale College – Cinema Virtual Reality for 2020-2021. Applications may be submitted starting Monday September 6 and through October 28, 2020, on the website http://collegecinema.labiennale.org/en/ where a dedicated application form is available.
The selection has already been announced for the Italian section of the same programme. The 6 selected Italian projects will take part in a workshop to be held in Venice from October 9-14, 2020. They are:
• A JOURNEY INTO INFINITE – directors: Valeria Mazzucchi, Andrea di Gangi; producer: Andrea Zulini
• INSPIRED – director: Sara Tirelli; producer: Valeria Correale
• SENZA FRENI – director: Matteo Nicoletta; producer: Sara Barbara
• SPELL DANCE VR – director: Andrea Arena; producer: Martino Chiti
• THE LAST PARTY – directors: collettivo Alterazioni Video; producer: Elisa Del Prete
• X – DEALING WITH ABSENCE – director: Margherita Landi; producer: Alessandro Mancini
Biennale College – Cinema Virtual Reality is a programme of La Biennale di Venezia; its goal is to explore the most innovative and captivating technology of the moment: Virtual Reality. By navigating the aesthetic and narrative opportunities offered by this audio-visual format, Biennale College Cinema – Virtual Reality offers professionals from the world of the arts and film, who have a rich background of experience in various fields, the necessary expertise to work in the fascinating and interactive 360° format. Thanks to the support of international experts who work in this sector, Biennale College Cinema – Virtual Reality helps independent and creative filmmakers from all over the world to try their hand at virtual reality, and teaches them how to seamlessly adapt their own skills to this field. During the program, the participants will acquire specific know-how regarding 360° immersive storytelling, redefining the relationship between the story and the audience.